Here is my tips and tricks for easy and delicious snack ideas. Sometimes there’s nothing better than a Saturday with movies, the smell of popcorn, snacks, tea – or a good glass of red wine.
I’ve been a little creative and made 20 tips for cheap and easy snack ideas – that everyone can make. This is all vegetarian recipes – a lot of them are vegan – and can be quite good healthy alternatives.
I’ve linked some of the recipes below, but some of should be really easy and doesn’t need a recipe. Be aware that I try to be funny with some of the snack ideas (was never really funny in school). I hope you can bear with me.
My 20 tips for snack ideas:
- Add frozen bananas in a blender.. And wupti – banana ice cream.
- Crispy almonds – turn around in sugar or maple syrup carefully on a pan at medium heat.
- Sticks with fruit and melted dark chocolate for dipping.
- Crispy kale chips – add olive oil, salt, pepper and roast in the oven a few minutes. Mmmh.
- Fresh popcorn with liquorice or cacao
- Homemade avocado dressing/dip with spices – served with crispy fresh cucumbers and carrot sticks
- Toasted rye bread with creamy avocado. I’ll never ever get tired of this combo.
- Pita breads filled with mozzarella cheese, tomato and pesto – add in a toaster and eat warm and delicious
- … Or Pita breads with thin slices of chocolate
- Frozen banana pieces served on a stick, dip into hot chocolate
- Smoothies – with all leftovers fruit and vegetables
- Small pancakes made with oats, smashed banana, vanilla, eggs and flour (or what you have in your kitchen)
- Crispy chickpeas – fry on a pan with chili spices
- Almonds and rosins mixed with cacao or liquorice
- Fresh apple slices, drizzled with cinnamon
- Energy balls made with few ingredients. Mix what you can find in the kitchen: Dates, oats, peanut butter, almond butter, raisins, nuts etc.
- Fresh dates – filled with peanut butter and berries. Best sweet and sour combo ever. And then it’s actually healthy?
- Crispy thin banana slices fried on a pan with a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Homemade baked buns with butter. Lots of butter. That’s it.
- Thin, salty potato slices cooked in the oven in 20 min. Serve with your favorite cold dip. Mmmh.
- .. And last but not least: Peanut butter – from the store or homemade. It doesn’t matter. Dip with a spoon and bon appetit!