Easy vegan chia egg recipe, you can use as a substitute instead of traditional eggs. Perfect for vegan recipes when you cook vegan food. This recipe is easy to make – ready in 15 min.
→ What is chia eggs?
Chia eggs is a mix for chia seeds + water. An easy substitute instead of traditional eggs. Chia soaks a lot of water which makes them sticky and coherent. Perfect effect just like eggs.
I typically use a chia egg for sweet recipes in bakery, pancakes, waffles or other vegan sweets and desserts.
Chia egg – ready in 15 min.
Easy vegan chia egg recipe. Substitute instead of traditional eggs. Perfect for vegan recipes and food. Recipe is easy to make ready in 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 4 tablespoon of Water
Mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 4 tablespoons water. Set aside and let it rest for 10-15 mins (more if you have the time).
When the egg is coherent and sticky after 15 min the egg is ready to use.
Use the chia egg as a substitute in vegan sweets like cakes, desserts, pancakes etc.
How to make a Chia Egg ↓
- Start by mixing 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 4 tablespoons of water. Set aside and let it rest for 10-15 min. (or more).
- On the picture below you can see the mixture after 15 min. The chia seeds gets sticky. Just like chia pudding, porridge or desserts.
Difference of chia eggs and flax eggs?
Just like chia, you can also use → flax seeds to make vegan eggs. Flax seeds combine like magic. And great for all vegan recipes.
How I use the 2 types of eggs:
- Chia egg = Desserts, sweets, cakes, pancakes and waffles ..
- Flax egg = Recipes for anything else that sweets. Mains, burger patties, meat balls, fritters etc.
There is no rules when you use chia or flax seeds. But normally I will divide them like this. Mostly, because I don not think it’s a good idea for any recipes to add chia seeds in my danish ‘frikadeller’ or patties. Or to add flax seeds in sweets.
» Read more: How to make Vegan Eggs – with Flax Seeds
Any questions? Write a comment below.